- Department: Development
- Reports To: Director of Development & Administration
- Position Type: Full Time
Department Summary: Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre’s development department is responsible for procuring and processing all contributed income for the organization. Relationship building with individuals, corporations, and foundations is the essential function of this department.
- Participate in donor and sponsor relationship management
- Donor/Sponsor acquisition and retention
- Tax receipt delivery
- Program recognition
- Annual appeals, online and written
- Benefit notifications
- Pledge reminders
- In-person meetings
- Use of Tessitura CRM software
- Assist in generating reports based on surveys and historical information
- Two annual fundraisers
- Civic Guild events
- Sponsor events
- Production events
These responsibilities describe the general nature of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in philanthropy, arts management, business, related field, or equivalent work experience
- A curious self-starter with a passion for relationship building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Interest in arts administration, emphasis in theatre preferred
- An appreciation for live theatre
- Strong commitment to excellence and professionalism
- Energetic, creative, diligent approach to the task at hand
Additional Information: This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary Range is $40,000 - $45,000, commensurate with experience. Candidates should be prepared to work 40 hours each week. Typical office hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Unique office hours are required during special events, including but not limited to fundraisers, sponsor events, and performances. These events typically occur during evenings and weekends.
Civic Theatre provides comprehensive health insurance coverage for all employees, fully paid by the company. Additionally, employees have the option to purchase vision, dental, and family coverage.
Civic Theatre does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Published June 7, 2023
Sign up to receive emails from Civic Theatre.
Be one of the first to hear news about the season and upcoming events. Register with your email address below.