Marketing and Media Manager
Full-time salaried position
Compensation commensurate with experience but targeting a $35K - $40K range.
Company pays medical benefits for the employee
Start date negotiable – as early as December 1, 2020
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Letter should include answers to the following:
What is your experience with theatre/the arts?
What do you bring to the table that will help Civic grow its audience and sponsorships?
Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre seeks a creative, enthusiastic, and self-motivated full-time Marketing & Media Manager to join our administrative team.
With a stated mission to foster a love of theatre through imagination, education, & participation, Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre is the largest of more than 70 Indiana community theatres and one of the ten largest of over 7,000 active community theatres in the United States. Civic Theatre also is considered the nation’s longest continuously operating community theatre. Founded in 1915, Civic has been a vital part of the city’s cultural landscape for a century, providing superior live theatrical entertainment for a broad-based audience.
- Establish marketing and communications strategies to grow awareness and generate earned revenue through ticket sales, sales, class enrollment, sponsorships, and events
- Develop and maintain relationships with creative, media, and community partners
- Manage social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Collaborate with administrative staff to design promotional and communications materials for mainstage, education, and fundraising initiatives
- Oversee internal special events, assist with planning of internal fundraising events, and secure Civic’s participation in community events
- Execute market research using all available methods including but not limited to surveys, Google Analytics, and the company database
- Negotiate, secure and fulfill benefits for mainstage, educational, and event sponsorships
- Serve as staff liaison to volunteer marketing committee
- Other duties as assigned
These responsibilities describe the general nature of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory.
- The ability to manage a variety of projects and activities
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of data, reporting, analytics, and marketing campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated, attentive to detail, technically proficient
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience
- A passion for theatre or performing arts is a plus
Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre is an equal-opportunity employer. Civic Theatre does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Sign up to receive emails from Civic Theatre
Be one of the first to hear news about the season and upcoming events. Register with your email address below.