Fundamentals of Acting
- 1 hr. class – 8 sessions (limit 10 students)
- Grades 1-3, 4-5 & 6-8
- $160 (includes materials)
Create! Challenge! Become!
This introductory acting class is designed for the beginning student. Curriculum at this level starts with the basics of technique while encouraging creative thinking and challenging students to work hard to get things right! Incorporating improvisation, terminology, and some script work, students will start to develop their voice, body, and mind as they pursue goals, create characters and scenes, and work as an ensemble. This class is typically taken more than one time in order to build a good basis for moving into the Intermediate classes.
- GRADES 1-3 | Tuesdays | Sept. 10 - Oct. 29 4:30 - 5:30 PM
- GRADES 1-3 | Saturdays | Sept. 14 - Nov. 9 (No class 10/12) 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- GRADES 4-5 | Wednesdays | Sept. 11 - Oct. 30 4:30 - 5:30 PM
- GRADES 6-8 | Thursdays | Sept. 12 - Nov. 14 (No class 10/10, 10/31) 4:30 - 5:30 PM
Essentials of Musical Theatre
- 1 hr. class – 8 sessions (limit 16 students per age group)
- Grades 1-3, 4-5 & 6-8
- $195 (includes materials)
Turn on that spotlight!
What are the essential components of performing Musical Theatre? Singing, Acting and Dancing, of course!
This class will bring to light and strengthen these essentials giving students a solid platform on which they can begin to develop strong technique in all three areas. Whether you’ve been in a show or just danced around the living room with a pretend microphone in your hand, this class will refine skills and encourage the discipline necessary to become a triple-threat! Essentials is typically taken more than one time in order to build a good basis for moving into the upper level Musical Theatre classes.
- GRADES 1-3 | Tuesdays | Sept.10 - Oct. 29 5:45 - 6:45 PM
- GRADES 1-3 | Thursdays | Sept.12 - Nov. 14 (No class 10/10 or 10/31) 4:30 - 5:30 PM
- GRADES 4-5 | Wednesdays | Sept. 11 - Oct.30 5:45 - 6:45 PM
- GRADES 6-8 | Thursdays | Sept. 12 - Nov. 14 (No class 10/10, 10/31) 5:45 - 6:45 PM
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In the event of inclement weather, the Director of Education will, in accordance with the Theatre’s policy of cancelling activities only during a declared Snow Emergency, determine whether classes will run or be cancelled. In the event of a cancellation, each student will be contacted via email or phone at the earliest possible time in order to avoid an unnecessary trip.
Civic Theatre will make every effort to make up the lost class time. In concurrence with Theatre policy, there are no refunds for class time lost due to weather. With that in mind, be assured that we will make every effort to run classes as scheduled.
Sign up to receive emails from Civic Theatre
Be one of the first to hear news about the season and upcoming events. Register with your email address below.