*NEW* Center Stage Workshops
This new program serves community groups of all ages - youth and adult - and delivers a taste of what it's like to be in a play at Civic Theatre.
Specially designed curriculum takes group of up to 30 on a backstage tour and culminates with a mini-performance on the Tarkington stage.
The curriculum is flexible and can be adapted to suit your group:
- Home schools
For more information about this exciting program, please contact email@example.com
Center Stage Workshops
- Flexible Schedule
- Cost - $15 per person
Minimum 10 ppl , Maximum 30 ppl
- Open to all manner of community groups with students in grades 1-8
- Other age groups can be accommodated by special arrangement
- To Schedule, please contact Education@civictheatre.org
Storytime With Civic
Theatre education promotes success in school and beyond, developing skills in collaboration, sequential thinking, listening, language arts, self-confidence, personal expression, and empathy for others.
Storytime with Civic has a three-part structure based on well-established Jr. Civic programming, engaging child care centers of all kinds through different levels of involvement. The program includes an interactive
- Artist in the Classroom A one-hour session at your school’s facility with a Jr. Civic artist-instructor
- Backstage Pass An interactive backstage tour at the Tarkington at the Center for the Performing Arts
- Attend a Children's Show and tickets to a Civic children’s production in the Tarkington — either THE CAT IN THE HAT (February) or the Jr. Civic Musical (June)
If you are interested in participating in Storytime with Civic Karaline Feller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317/853.6327.
Artist in the Classroom
- 45 minute lesson (minimum 15 students)
- Preschool and Pre-K classes
- $8 per student (2 chaperones per each group attend for free)
Explore the connection between literature and theatre with one of our professional actor/instructors at your facility for a one hour visit. The Storytime visit is designed to use popular children’s literature as a springboard for a variety of hands-on, interactive activities emphasizing the relationship between literature and theatre.
- Please contact Karaline Feller at email@example.com or 317-853-6327 to schedule a visit.
- 1 hr. tour (limit 30 people per tour, minimum of 15)
- Age 4 and up
- $5 per person (2 chaperones per each group attend for free)
Get a behind-the-scenes look at how a theatre works! A sound and light demonstration, a visit to the stage, a backstage tour of the theatre and an abbreviated acting class are also included.
To Schedule your backstage pass, please fill out Civic's Outreach Inquiry Form.
If you have questions about the Backstage Pass program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 10, 2020 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM
- February 13, 2020 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM
- February 17, 2020 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM
- February 20, 2020 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM
- April 28 - 30, 2020 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM
- May 5 - 7, 2020 10:00 or 11:00 AM
Sign up to receive emails from Civic Theatre
Be one of the first to hear news about the season and upcoming events. Register with your email address below.