A Note from the Education Department Regarding the 2021 Winter Class Session
In an effort to continue to bring excellent theatre education programming to our Jr. Civic students and families, we are moving forward with plans for our 2021 Winter Session of classes. We are happy to announce that classes will meet in-person at 50% capacity with strict arrival and departure procedures. All appropriate COVID-19 health and safety protocols will be employed in the classrooms to ensure your experience with us during this unprecedented time is a safe one. Masks and social distancing will be required as appropriate. You can review Civic Theatre’s COVID-19 procedures and policies below.
This winter, we will offer two 5-week Sessions that will consist of mostly the same programming (with one exception). We are also offering a new transitional course for students who have completed Essentials of Musical Theatre or Musical Theatre Camp. “Musical Theatre 2.0” will offer a slightly more advanced take on the Essentials curriculum, giving students a more challenging experience.
Students are welcome and encouraged to sign up for classes in both sessions – you can take the same class (with different material) or choose to take a different course! Please keep in mind that our Intermediate classes (Improv & Scene Study) and the new Musical Theatre 2.0 require previous experience. For a complete list of Winter Classes, please see below.
We look forward to seeing you in the classroom soon!
Please read all of the information below about Civic's COVID-19 Protocol and Safety Guidelines.
If you have questions, please contact the Jr. Civic Education Concierge, Sydnie Blair, at email@example.com
1. In the event of a exposure (household or otherwise) to a person testing positive for COVID-19 OR in the event that the student displays significant symptoms of COVID-19, the student must get a PCR (polymerise chain reaction) test no earlier than 5 days after exposure or symptoms. All household members with close contact SHOULD also get a PCR test no earlier that 5 days after exposure to the student.
2. Per CDC guidelines, if a negative PCR test is confirmed, quarantine should continue no less than 7 days without exhibiting symptoms.
3. No student will be allowed to return to class after exposure or symptoms without a negative PCR test and the above protocol OR a minimum 10 days quarantine with no symptoms followed by a negative PCR test.
4. In order to return to in-person instruction at Civic, all dates of exposure and testing must be disclosed with appropriate documentation. Rapid testing is not acceptable – only PCR testing has proven reliable enough.
5. Estimated interval to return to class is no sooner than 13 days with a negative test and NO SYMPTOMS.
6. Should a student or a household member test positive, no one in the home may return to the facility until 14 days have elapsed followed by a negative PCR test and NO SYMPTOMS.
7. In the event that a student tests positive or has a significant exposure, we will evaluate the risk to the remaining students and staff in the affected class or classes and make a determination in the best interest of all involved. We reserve the right to go virtual, reschedule or refund at our discretion.
Sign up to receive emails from Civic Theatre
Be one of the first to hear news about the season and upcoming events. Register with your email address below.