A Note from the Education Department Regarding Safety During Classes:
Jr. Civic is pleased to announce a full roster of winter class offerings in 2022. Regarding COVID-19 health and safety protocols, we will be closely monitoring developments and updates from the CDC and the Center for the Performing Arts throughout the coming months and will adjust plans accordingly. You can enroll now knowing that the safety of our students and their families will be our first consideration as we determine how we will conduct classes while adhering to all appropriate guidelines. Due to the ongoing concern for the Delta variant, and the fact that many of our students are ineligible for vaccination due to their age, all students and instructors will be required to wear masks in the classroom regardless of vaccination status. We thank you for your cooperation with this policy.
Please read all of the information below about Civic's COVID-19 Protocol and Safety Guidelines.
If you have questions, please contact the Jr. Civic Education Concierge, Lily Deeg, at email@example.com
1. All students, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask in class at all times.
2. Students who test positive for COVID-19 shall isolate, including exclusion from school, preschools, daycare settings and public places, until:
A. At least 10 days following the onset of symptoms or, if asymptomatic, at least 10 days from the date of collection of the positive test and must be at least 24 hours fever-free
without fever-reducing medications and symptom improvement.
3. Asymptomatic students, unless fully vaccinated or recovered from a COVID-19 infection within the past 90 days, who are identified as a close contact of a COVID-19 case shall quarantine, including exclusion from schools, daycare settings and public places, until:
A. 14 days after the date of last exposure
B. 10 days after the date of last exposure, following additional precautions for days 11-14; or
C. 7 days after date of last exposure with a negative PCR test result occurring on day 5 or later, following additional precautions for days 8-14.
4. Additional precautions include monitoring for symptoms, wearing a mask at all times around other people, and maintaining at least six feet of distance from others at all times unless
otherwise directed by state or local health authority.
5. Because Civic will consistently enforce a face covering requirement for children, students, teachers, staff and others present, close contacts are not required to
quarantine and may continue to attend class as long as they are asymptomatic. The close contacts should monitor daily for symptoms of COVID-19. Any symptoms of COVID-19
must prompt immediate removal of the symptomatic student from class and the facility. The student should seek testing and isolate.
6. Testing is recommended for all close contacts of confirmed or probable COVID-19 cases. Close contacts who test positive, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, should be
managed as a confirmed COVID-19 case.
7. Students who are fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks have passed since final vaccination dose), are not required to quarantine if exposed. Fully vaccinated individuals who are
exposed to a COVID-19 case should monitor for signs and symptoms, get tested on days 3-5 following exposure, and wear a mask for 14 days or until they receive a negative result. If
symptoms develop, they should isolate and get tested.
8. The above quarantine guidelines will be used to calculate the date a student may return to class.
9. In the event that a student tests positive or has a significant exposure, we will evaluate the risk to the remaining students and staff in the affected class or classes and make a
determination in the best interest of all involved. We reserve the right to go virtual, reschedule or refund at our discretion.
10. Civic Theatre reserves the right to adjust or amend all health guidelines under the guidance of the Hamilton County Health Department, The Indiana Health Department
and the Centers for Disease Control. In the event of significant changes, parents will be notified, and these guidelines will be updated.
WINTER SESSION 2022 REFUND POLICY
- Civic Theatre continues to follow guidance from the CDC and from our parent organization, the Center for the Performing Arts, regarding COVID-19 protocols.
- Understanding that guidance continues to change based on how thevirus is behaving, we have modified our refund policy and will continue to update it, accordingly.
- For the Fall Session, a refund may be requested for any class up to the first class date. With our policies and protocols clearly explained, no refunds will be granted after that date.
- If there is an exposure to COVID-19 in any of our classes, we will evaluate the situation on a case-by-case basis taking into account vaccination status of the individuals in the class and contact tracing.Based on that evaluation, a refund may or may not be issued but a thorough consideration of the specific circumstances will inform thatdecision.
- Based on our standard refund policy, all refund requests that are nothealth-related must be made two weeks prior to the first class. Cancellations up to two weeks prior to the start of the workshop will be refunded 50%. No refunds will be made after this time. If Civic Theatre cancels a class due to insufficient enrollment, the entire class will be fully refunded. Participants will not receive refunds or prorated fees for partially attended classes.
Sign up to receive emails from Civic Theatre
Be one of the first to hear news about the season and upcoming events. Register with your email address below.